MONTAGE OS Updater V1.51
MONTAGE6 / MONTAGE7 / MONTAGE8 with firmware versions earlier than 1.50
How to Check The Version of your MONTAGE.
2. Touch [Setting] tab to [System] tab at the left side of the display.
3. The following message appears in the bottom of the display:
MONTAGE Firmware Version : *.**.* (c)2016 Yamaha Corporation
The unit's version is indicated by " MONTAGE Firmware Version : *.**.* "
Only the numbers up to the two decimal
Fixes and Enhancements
< V1.50 to V1.51 >
- Fixed a problem in which this instrument would freeze if you moved and operated from the Element view to the Edit display while the cursor was still remaining on the Element view.
- Fixed a problem in which the desired Part would not be properly displayed after you switched Parts while the Element view was displayed.
- Fixed a problem in which no sound would be produced when the power was turned off during startup.
- Fixed other minor problems.
< V1.20 to V1.50 >
- New effect types have been added.
- New Performances have been added.
- The Favorite function has been added.
- “Mixing” has been added for the “Parameter with Part” setting of the Part Category Search.
- From the Performance Play (Home) display, you can now see various information.
- The Super Knob Link function has been added.
- You can now control the monitor volume of the Audio signal input from the [USB TO HOST] terminal.
- You can now switch Scenes by Control Change messages.
- You can now make partial changes to the font size on the Live Set display and the Category Search display.
- You can now save/load backup files in which the entire User Memory data (including Songs and Libraries) is stored.
- Each Edit display has been improved by allowing touch selection of Parts from the display.
- Improved the sensitivity of Audio Beat Sync.
- Improved the visibility of the selected Performance in the Live Set display.
- MOXF6/MOXF8 data (X6A, X6V, X6G, and X6W) can now be loaded to MONTAGE.
- Enhanced the Note Shift control from the panel (holding down the [SHIFT] button and using the OCTAVE [-]/[+] buttons to change the transpose value in semitones), so that once you change the value, you can release your finger from the [SHIFT] button and continue to make semitone changes for a short time by using only the OCTAVE [-]/[+] buttons.
- Fixed a problem in which an error message would appear when Device Number was set to other than "All" and a Super Knob Control Change message was received.
- Fixed a problem in which Zone settings would not be correctly applied by switching Performances.
- Fixed other minor problems.
Fixes and Enhancements
< V1.11 to V1.20 >
- Switching time between Performances has been reduced.
- Element / Operator Control has been added for "Control Function."
- You can now store Control Function settings as Performance data.
- Song Loop playback function has been added.
- User Arpeggio function has been added.
- You can now separately mute original Parts and newly added Parts by Performance Merge.
- Monitor Volume settings for USB connection have been added.
- You can now control the Super Knob by MIDI Control Change messages.
- You can now copy or exchange Arpeggio Types.
- You can now copy or exchange Motion Sequences.
- You can now copy or exchange between Live Sets in different Banks on a page basis.
- The MONTAGE Connect computer application is now supported.
- MOTIF XS data (X0A, X0V, X0G, and X0W) can now be loaded to MONTAGE.
- Live Set display can now be displayed during Audio playback.
- Knob Brightness setting can now be stored.
- Flags (tone generation attributes of Performance) can now be automatically set and displayed.
- Arp Bypass and Kbd Ctrl Lock functions have been added for "Effect Switch."
- Pedal fuctions such as sustain and sostenuto have been improved to reproduce realistic acoustic piano sound.
- Fixed a problem in which all buttons, sliders, and knobs on the panel would not work after power-on.
- Fixed a problem in which the Super knob would not work after power-on.
- Fixed other minor problems.
Registered Date : 10/3/2017
Language : English
Size : 96.94 MB
- This updater is to be used at the user's own risk.
- All User data (Libraries, User Performances, Song and so on) will be initialized by this updater. Please make sure that you have saved all User data to a USB flash drive before performing this update.
- The unit may become inoperable if the electrical supply is interrupted while running the updater (by disconnecting the AC cord, etc.). If this happens, run the updater again from the first step.
- If the unit does not function after running the updater, please contact your nearest Yamaha service center.
Yamaha Global Gateway
PLEASE READ THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SOFTWARE. YOU ARE ONLY PERMITTED TO USE THIS SOFTWARE PURSUANT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN YOU (AS AN INDIVIDUAL OR LEGAL ENTITY) AND YAMAHA CORPORATION ("YAMAHA").
BY DOWNLOADING OR INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE OR OTHERWISE RENDERING IT AVAILABLE FOR YOUR USE, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, INSTALL, COPY, OR OTHERWISE USE THIS SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE DOWNLOADED OR INSTALLED THE SOFTWARE AND DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS, PROMPTLY DELETE THE SOFTWARE.
GRANT OF LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
Yamaha hereby grants you the right to use the programs and data files composing the software accompanying this Agreement, and any programs and files for upgrading such software that may be distributed to you in the future with terms and conditions attached (collectively, “SOFTWARE”), only on a computer, musical instrument or equipment item that you yourself own or manage. While ownership of the storage media in which the SOFTWARE is stored rests with you, the SOFTWARE itself is owned by Yamaha and/or Yamaha’s licensor(s), and is protected by relevant copyright laws and all applicable treaty provisions.
- You may not engage in reverse engineering, disassembly, decompilation or otherwise deriving a source code form of the SOFTWARE by any method whatsoever.
- You may not reproduce, modify, change, rent, lease, or distribute the SOFTWARE in whole or in part, or create derivative works of the SOFTWARE.
- You may not electronically transmit the SOFTWARE from one computer to another or share the SOFTWARE in a network with other computers.
- You may not use the SOFTWARE to distribute illegal data or data that violates public policy.
- You may not initiate services based on the use of the SOFTWARE without permission by Yamaha Corporation.
Copyrighted data, including but not limited to MIDI data for songs, obtained by means of the SOFTWARE, are subject to the following restrictions which you must observe.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be used for any commercial purposes without permission of the copyright owner.
- Data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be duplicated, transferred, or distributed, or played back or performed for listeners in public without permission of the copyright owner.
- The encryption of data received by means of the SOFTWARE may not be removed nor may the electronic watermark be modified without permission of the copyright owner.
If any copyright law or provisions of this Agreement is violated, the Agreement shall terminate automatically and immediately without notice from Yamaha. Upon such termination, you must immediately destroy the licensed SOFTWARE, any accompanying written documents and all copies thereof.
If you believe that the downloading process was faulty, you may contact Yamaha, and Yamaha shall permit you to re-download the SOFTWARE, provided that you first destroy any copies or partial copies of the SOFTWARE that you obtained through your previous download attempt. This permission to re-download shall not limit in any manner the disclaimer of warranty set forth in Section 5 below.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY ON SOFTWARE
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the SOFTWARE is at your sole risk. The SOFTWARE and related documentation are provided "AS IS" and without warranty of any kind. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AS TO THE SOFTWARE, EXPRESS, AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YAMAHA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YAMAHA’S ENTIRE OBLIGATION HEREUNDER SHALL BE TO PERMIT USE OF THE SOFTWARE UNDER THE TERMS HEREOF. IN NO EVENT SHALL YAMAHA BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EXPENSES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE, MISUSE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF YAMAHA OR AN AUTHORIZED DEALER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. In no event shall Yamaha's total liability to you for all damages, losses and causes of action (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) exceed the amount paid for the SOFTWARE.
THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE
Third party software and data ("THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE") may be attached to the SOFTWARE. If, in the written materials or the electronic data accompanying the Software, Yamaha identifies any software and data as THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE, you acknowledge and agree that you must abide by the provisions of any Agreement provided with the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE and that the party providing the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE is responsible for any warranty or liability related to or arising from the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. Yamaha is not responsible in any way for the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE or your use thereof.
- Yamaha provides no express warranties as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. IN ADDITION, YAMAHA EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha shall not provide you with any service or maintenance as to the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
- Yamaha is not liable to you or any other person for any damages, including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, expenses, lost profits, lost data or other damages arising out of the use, misuse or inability to use the THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
U.S. GOVERNMENT RESTRICTED RIGHTS NOTICE:
The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.72024 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users shall acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein
This Agreement shall be interpreted according to and governed by Japanese law without reference to principles of conflict of laws. Any dispute or procedure shall be heard before the Tokyo District Court in Japan. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any portion of this Agreement to be unenforceable, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to use of the SOFTWARE and any accompanying written materials and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings or agreements, written or oral, regarding the subject matter of this Agreement. No amendment or revision of this Agreement will be binding unless in writing and signed by a fully authorized representative of Yamaha.